9 months agoJuventus interested in Chelsea fullback Emerson Palmeiri

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Juventus interested in Chelsea fullback Emerson Palmeiriby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveJuventus are interested in Chelsea fullback Emerson Palmeiri.Calciomercato.com says Juve want to sign the former AS Roma defender as competition for Alex Sandro, who penned a new deal earlier this season.Emerson moved to Chelsea a year ago, but the transfer hasn’t gone as planned due to the form at left-back of Marcos Alonso.As such, the Brazilian is open to returning to Italy this month.And it’s suggested should Chelsea sell, they will move for Sassuolo fullback Rogerio, on-loan from Juve, as a direct replacement. last_img read more

7 days agoGini Wijnaldum warns Liverpool: We could fall away like Man Utd!

first_imgGini Wijnaldum warns Liverpool: We could fall away like Man Utd!by Paul Vegas7 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum says they will not under-estimate Manchester United at Old Trafford tomorrow.United have made their worst start to a Premier League campaign, but Wijnaldum says Liverpool still respect them.“The way we handle every match is to respect the opponent and give 100 per cent,” he said. “We try to do everything as good as possible, to work as hard as possible.“Every game in the Premier League is tough. Look at the results we have had. I can’t remember a game where it was easy. “We have won them all so far because we give everything and were totally concentrated. Also we have had a little bit of luck.”United’s decline is a shock to those fans who grew up during the trophy-laden years of Sir Alex Ferguson and Wijnaldum claims it could happen to any big club – even Liverpool.“It can happen to anyone,” he said. “It could happen to Liverpool, or Manchester United. It has happened to big clubs in Holland, but I don’t really think about it. I concentrate more on Liverpool.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

7 hours agoJuventus defender Bonucci: De Ligt will be best in the world

first_imgJuventus defender Bonucci: De Ligt will be best in the worldby Carlos Volcano8 hours agoSend to a friendShare the loveJuventus defender Leonardo Bonucci has jumped to the defence of Matthijs de Ligt.Indeed, he says the Dutchman can become the best in the world.”De Ligt’s fate is already decided,” Bonucci told Tuttosport.“He’s struggling like we all did, but he should be left alone. He has the quality to become, if not the best, one of the best defenders in the world.“He’s made mistakes, like I did in the past and anyone in general: it’s inevitable.“Wearing this shirt puts pressure on you and he’s doing it at just 20 years old, defending zonally after having spent his entire career marking man-to-man.“It’s only a matter of time. Even against Lokomotiv Moscow, he had a very good game.“He’s only human too. But, with experience, he will become the best defender in the world.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Clemson Sent A Match.com Profile To College GameDay, Wants Show To Come For Notre Dame Game

first_imgClemson Tigers make a Match.com profile.Twitter/@ClemsonTigersIndiana fans have already started a campaign to get ESPN’s College GameDay to come to their school for the Hoosiers’ game against Ohio State on October 3, but it may be a hard sell. There are a number of great games that day, including Alabama-Georgia in Athens, and Clemson-Notre Dame at Death Valley. The Tigers are jumping in the ring to try and win GameDay’s heart. They even put together a screenshot of a Match.com profile to show why Death Valley is the venue for GameDay in a few weeks.Hi @CollegeGameDay — we know you’re busy this Saturday but maybe we could get together next week? DM if interested… pic.twitter.com/f6N5xoULJi— Clemson Athletics (@ClemsonTigers) September 23, 2015Indiana’s video was definitely a good appeal, but Clemson might have them in creativity. If the Tigers and Fighting Irish remain undefeated through this weekend, this might be the clubhouse leader for October 3’s GameDay location.last_img read more

University Of Nebraska Cheerleader Found Dead

first_imgA photo of the outside of Nebraska's Memorial Stadium.LINCOLN, NE – SEPTEMBER 29: General view of the stadium before the game between the Nebraska Cornhuskers and the Purdue Boilermakers at Memorial Stadium on September 29, 2018 in Lincoln, Nebraska. (Photo by Steven Branscombe/Getty Images)We’ve got some awful news out of Lincoln, Nebraska this week. A cheerleader for the Cornhuskers named Brianna Anson was found dead Tuesday of what police are calling a “suspected suicide” after a fall from a parking garage. She was a third-year student, according to the New York Daily News.Wednesday afternoon, the school issued a statement on the matter. The University of Nebraska Athletics family is deeply saddened with the passing of Brianna Anson, a valued member of our Spirit Squad and student at UNL. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family, loved ones and fellow Spirit Squad members and staff.The UNL community hurts today to know we have lost one of our own. It is our sincere hope at this difficult time that everyone will take care of and support one another.There’s also been an outpouring of support on social media for Anson’s friends and family.My heart goes out to the Nebraska Athletics family and the family of Brianna Anson. We may not know Gods plan, but we do know he has one.— Taylor Mills (@Taymm11) October 28, 2015Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting their own battle. My heart hurts for Brianna Anson and her friends and family.— lindsAy (@lindsayfear) October 29, 2015Our thoughts and prayers are with anyone affected by this terrible tragedy.last_img read more

Health Minister Commends Rainforest Seafoods

first_img Minister of Health, Dr. the Hon. Christopher Tufton, has lauded Rainforest Seafoods for providing consumers with a healthy food option. He said the health authority interfaces with food processors to ensure that consumers can buy with confidence the products that have gone through a “particular process”, and it is important for him as Minister, to see the establishments. Story Highlights Meanwhile, Chief Executive Officer of the company, Brian Jardim, informed that they are advanced in penetrating markets in the United Kingdom (UK) and Europe. Minister of Health, Dr. the Hon. Christopher Tufton, has lauded Rainforest Seafoods for providing consumers with a healthy food option.During a tour of the company’s processing plant on Slipe Pen Road in Kingston today (October 5), the Minister said persons can preserve their health by what they eat, and the company has demonstrated that, with management, much more can be consumed from the “natural resources that we have been afforded”.He said the health authority interfaces with food processors to ensure that consumers can buy with confidence the products that have gone through a “particular process”, and it is important for him as Minister, to see the establishments.Minister Tufton said the company, which started operations in 1995, has grown over the years, maintaining “high standards and quality output”.“It shows that Jamaicans can compete anywhere in the marketplace,” Dr. Tufton said.Rainforest is the largest supplier of seafoods in the Caribbean, with staff numbering over 600. It supplies markets in the English-speaking Caribbean, the United States and Asia with more than 400 types of fish, shellfish and other seafood, in both fresh and frozen forms.Meanwhile, Chief Executive Officer of the company, Brian Jardim, informed that they are advanced in penetrating markets in the United Kingdom (UK) and Europe.He also pointed out that the company has established a farm in Trelawny, growing yam, sweet potato and other crops, “largely destined for the export market”.Mr. Jardim said the Jamaican brand is strong across the globe, and the company is investing in processing plants to ensure that its products are available far and wide.last_img read more

Texan says hes selling 3Dprinted gun plans after ruling

first_imgAUSTIN, Texas – The owner of a Texas company that makes untraceable 3D-printed guns said Tuesday that he has begun selling the blueprints through his website to anyone who wants to make one, after a federal court order barred him from posting the plans online.Cody Wilson said at a news conference that he started selling the plans Tuesday morning and that he had already received nearly 400 orders. He said he’ll sell the plans for as little as a penny to anyone in the U.S. who wants them.“Anyone who wants to get these files is going to get them,” Wilson said, noting he can only sell to U.S. customers. “They can name their own price.”Wilson said that blueprints purchased through his company’s website could be downloaded on a thumb drive and shipped to buyers by standard mail, sent by email or sent by some other secure download transfer. Some of his first sales included purchases made with crypto currency, he said.Nineteen states and the District of Columbia had sought an injunction to stop a settlement that the State Department reached with Wilson’s Austin-based company, Defence Distributed, after the agency removed the 3D gun-making plans from a list of weapons or technical data that are not allowed to be exported. The states argued that online access to the undetectable plastic guns would pose a security risk and could be acquired by felons or terrorists.On Monday, U.S. District Judge Robert Lasnik in Seattle blocked Defence Distributed from posting the blueprints online, saying, “It is the untraceable and undetectable nature of these small firearms that poses a unique danger.”But Wilson said the ruling still allows him to sell the blueprints even if he can’t post them online for free, widespread distribution.“Regulation under the (law) means that the files cannot be uploaded to the internet, but they can be emailed, mailed, securely transmitted, or otherwise published within the United States,” the ruling said on its final page.“I’m following yesterday’s orders that direct me to sell the files,” Wilson said. “The judge was very gracious to put that in black lettering.”Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson, whose office oversaw the federal lawsuit, said Tuesday that he believes the judge’s ruling makes Wilson’s latest actions illegal.“Because of our lawsuit, it is once again illegal to post downloadable gun files to the internet. I trust the federal government will hold Cody Wilson, a self-described ‘crypto-anarchist,’ accountable to that law,” Ferguson said. “If they don’t, President Trump will be responsible for anyone who is hurt or killed as a result of these weapons.”Andy Reuss, a U.S. Department of Justice spokesman, declined to comment.Wilson said he anticipates that states may try to sue to stop him from selling the plans, but that he is raising money for his legal defence. He also said he will continue to challenge the Monday court order.Wilson said he believes he could have previously sold the blueprints but didn’t because he wanted to be able to post them online for widespread, free distribution.“For many years I chose not to sell these files. I was an open source advocate,” Wilson said. “I don’t expect to make money on it.”___Bellisle reported from Seattle.___Follow Jim Vertuno on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JimVertunoFollow Martha Bellisle at https://twitter.com/marthabellislelast_img read more

Markets Right Now Stocks opening higher on Wall Street

first_imgNEW YORK — The latest on developments in financial markets (all times local):9:35 a.m.U.S. stocks are opening higher as the market wraps up another strong week.U.S. industrial production grew more than expected in December and technology and industrials made rose Friday. Microsoft rose 1.2 per cent and Deere rose 1.3 per cent.Transportation and logistics company J.B. Hunt jumped 6.1 per cent after its fourth-quarter report.Electric car maker Tesla fell 6.3 per cent after saying it will cut 7 per cent of its jobs.Timberland maker VF jumped 13.7 per cent after raising its annual forecasts.The S&P 500 index climbed 17 points, or 0.7 per cent, to 2,653.The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 163 points, or 0.7 per cent, to 24,533. The Nasdaq composite added 47 points, or 0.7 per cent, to 7,131.The Associated Presslast_img read more

Hudsons Hope RCMP Publishes policing report for May

first_imgOn May 17th, 2019, Hudson’s Hope RCMP stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation and found the driver to have a warrant for arrest.  The driver was arrested and later released on a Promise to Appear in Prince George court on outstanding matters. On May 18th, 2019, Hudson’s Hope RCMP, Peace Region Traffic Services and relief RCMP members from across the region, located a theft of fuel in progress on Johnson Creek FSR.  Two suspects were arrested and later released on Promise to Appear in court. Anyone with information regarding current or past investigations can contact the Hudson’s Hope RCMP directly at 250-783-5241 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477. Hudson’s Hope RCMP wish to remind everyone, especially campers, that proper fire safety will be enforced during the summer.  Please ensure you know your responsibilities for starting, maintaining and extinguishing your fires. To Report a Wildfire;1-800-663-5555 or *5555 from a cellular phoneFire Information by Phone; HUDSON’S HOPE, B.C. – Cst. William McKenna with the Hudson’s Hope RCMP has published a policing report which says that police responded to approximately 35 calls for service between April 18th and May 20th.Five check-stop roadblocks were conducted in an effort to deter impaired driving and enforce the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations.  Several check-stops were jointly conducted with CVSE officers who issued several violation tickets and remove defective vehicles from the roadway. One impaired driver was located and issued a 90-day Immediate Roadside driving prohibition. 30 written violations and warning tickets were issued to drivers in April. Hudson’s Hope RCMP in conjunction with Marg’s Mini Mart, have begun their positive ticketing campaign and will be issuing youth free ice cream tickets for positive behaviour. On May 14th, 2019, Hudson’s Hope RCMP received a report of a break and enter into two Atco trailers along Hwy 29 near Farrell Creek.  The file is still under investigation at this time. File 2019-141 refers. For recorded information on campfires, open fire bans and travel restrictions, call toll-free:1-888-3FOREST (1-888-336-7378)Fire Information Online;www.BCWildfire.cawww.facebook.com/BCForestFireInfotwitter.com/bcgovfireinfolast_img read more

LS polls: Over 100 candidates file nomination for the 1st phase in UP

first_imgLucknow: As many as 123 candidates filed their nominations for the first phase of Lok Saha polls in Uttar Pradesh on Monday, taking the total number to 146, EC officials said here. At 25, the maximum number of nomination papers were filed from Ghaziabad, followed by Muzaffarnagar (22), Gautam Buddh Nagar (21) and Saharanpur (20), the state’s chief electoral officer said. The number of nomination papers filed from other parliamentary constituencies going to polls in the first phase were: Kairana (14), Bijnor (16), Meerut (15) and Baghpat (13). Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’The nomination papers will be scrutinised on March 26, while March 28 is the last date of withdrawal of candidature. The polling will take place on April 11. Prominent among those who filed their nominations are Union minister Satyapal Singh (sitting BJP MP) from Baghpat and RLD vice-president Jayant Chaudhary from the same constituency, an election official said. For the second phase of Lok Sabha polls, as many as 40 candidates had filed their nomination papers, taking the total number of nominations to 43 in the state.last_img read more